Sunday, April 19, 2015

I Am Not Alone




I am not alone, I am not alone, You will go before me, You will never leave me
This song by Carrie Jobe has been running through my head as I think of our daughter.

You see as I think of her at one day old being left by the elevator.  I picture Jesus saying- you are not alone.  This world is broken, but I will make something new from this sorrow.

I think of her birth mother after carrying her daughter, feeling her move in her womb, giving birth and then walking away my heart breaks.  I think of God's promise to her- you are not alone.

I think of the ways that God has confirmed and whispered to my heart- you are not alone.  Your family is part of the world and I love all of my children.  You are part of my plan for hope.  Go out of your comfort zone and see that you can provide a home for a child who needs one.

So we travel in just over three weeks, and I am so excited to meet her and be part of her story.  I will try to update here about the trip and maybe when we come home too.  Thanks for reading!
Emily

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment