Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Our girl


So we waited in the civil affairs office surrounded by other families waiting to meet their children.  After about 15 minutes they called our name.  I recognized her little face instantly.  I got down on my knees with my heart racing and greeted her as calmly and quietly as I could.  She came to me without a problem and sat quietly on my lap.  I gave her a little yogurt drop and she held it in her mouth the rest of the time we were there. This beautiful girl bravely sat with us and looked around and took in everything.  

  Back at our hotel room she was completely still and quiet most of the afternoon.  I read and sang to her and showed her lots of pictures. She followed me with her eyes, but otherwise did not move unless I picked her up.  At dinner time though she got excited and would open her mouth so wide for noodles.  I was showing her how to sign "more" in between bites and she picked it up so quickly.  After dinner Dave held her for the first time- he sweetly let me work on bonding first.  She sat with him a few seconds and then got up and walked a few steps back to my lap.  

  When it was our bedtime, at 7:30- (thank you jet lag, and crazy adrenaline) We laid her in bed between us and she took the paci I gave her for a little and she went right to sleep and slept all night.  During the night when I woke up I saw that she moves her mouth like she is sucking a paci or her thumb, but there is nothing there.  
So in love with this tiny silent girl so far.  Praying we will have the wisdom to help her become who the Lord created her to be.  



2 comments:

  1. So excited for you all, Emily and Dave! She's adorable! Can't wait to meet Wren in person! Enjoy this sweet time with her. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily and Dave, great pictures! I know there are quite a few people watching your blog. If you get time I'd love to hear about more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete